reen Goddess dressing made even better with the addition of avocado! This recipe can be used as a dip for a crudite plate, or as a rich and thick dressing for your favorite green salad. Dare I say you can even use it for a light pasta sauce? This dressing isn't only versatile and delicious, it is also Hoxsey diet friendly, so enjoy guilt free!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro* leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts**(optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a clean lidded jar and refrigerate no more than a week.
* If you don't like cilantro, then substitute with another favorite herb of your choice, or a mix of herbs.
** If you don't like walnuts, then substitute for your favorite nut, or leave them out.
*** Too thick? Add some water, or more lemon juice and oil. Too think? Add a bit more avocado.